- Frieda Sorber is curator at Costume and Textile Museum at Oelegem, Belgium.
- Keeler, Clyde, Cuna Indian Art, New York: Exposition Press, 1969.
- Speiser, Noémi, The Manual of Braiding, ed. 1991, p. 85 fig. 14*34e top, p. 86 fig. 14*35a top; ‘Unusual Braids Produced by Loop-Manipulation,’ The Weaver’s Journal, v. X, no. 1, 1985, p. 70 fig. 10a, p. 71 fig. 11a.
- Cardale-Schrimpff, Marianne, “The Techniques of Handweaving and Allied Arts in Colombia, Ph.D. Dissertation, Oxford University, 1972.
- In addition to method #1, there are method #2 for which palms are held facing up (or facing each other) and the operator the ring or small finger, and method #3 for which palms are held facing down and the or is the index finger. See ILLUSTRATED INSTRUCTION SERIES (ILS) : Introduction.
- The procedure corresponding to this, but using 7 loops; Speiser,MB, p. 86 fig. 14*35b top, ‘Unusual Braids, p. 71 fig. 14a.
- Speiser, MB, p. 85 fig. 14*34d top, ‘Unusual Braids,’ p. 70 fig. 9a.